Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Proud To Be An American

If you know anything about me you know that I LOVE the Fourth of July and that I LOVE this song...This one's for you Kor!


(I don't know if this is the original music video but I think it is)
Every Fourth of July I sing this song ALL DAY!  Those who were around me this Fourth can confirm.  It all started back in the days of high school when I would go with my best friend, Korynn, and her family to Pierre and hang out on their boooAAAAt and celebrate the Fourth.  Korynn and I always got matching shirts, painted our nails and then as all the boats from their dock paraded around the lake we would blare this song from the stereo and belt it from our hearts as well!  Good times!  The tradition has continued...The Fourth isn't the same without this song!  Thank you Lee!

This year we headed up to Banks, WA.  Cute little town with none other than the Grand Coulee Dam.  Bet you didn't know that the Grand Coulee is THREE times bigger than the Hoover Dam.  That's right, Washington's got it all!

And the fireworks?...AH...MAY...ZING!  Let me try and explain this...Before the fireworks there was a laser light show that was shown ON the dam...on the face of the dam.  How you say?  They let a little water run over the dam and then the laser are shot from the visitor center up the hill.  Pretty cool.  Following the laser show...FIREWORKS!  The picture I got doesn't do it justice but it was a sight to see.  

Touring the dam.  Everyone on our tour was excited to have three babies and three car seats join them!  Good thing they're all cute!
Tre had tons O fun in the pool.  First time in a big pool and he would walk straight off the edge into our arms.  Good thing we were there to catch him! hehehe
4th Family

Me to Joel..."Let's take a picture!"

The fireworks...See the water on the dam?  It was Shuper Cool!
*(Wow that was a long post with a bazillion pictures...hehehe)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dinah, did you have to fit everyone in a minivan?? they sure come in handy... love ya