Wednesday, January 14, 2009

With a Bowl Full of Jelly


I really can't believe I'm in my EIGHTH month...33 weeks! I'm no longer counting up but counting down...7 weeks to go. If you didn't know I hadn't been to the doctor since we moved here to Texas until about two weeks ago. Long story of why but the good news is that we found a GREAT doctor. We had a check up and an ultra sound and everything is still going perfect. Baby is on track for everything and so am I.
We also started a child birth class this week. The first class was pretty general but we did get a tour of the birthing floor. I'm so excited for the Labor AND delivery room and the fact that they don't take the baby away! They keep the baby in your room from the moment he is born. So we get to see everything that goes on...weighing, first bath...all that good stuff. It just makes more sense to me. Why give birth and then have the baby taken away!?! Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm super tired but for now I love the idea!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

You look so cute preggo. How exciting! You're almost there. Can't wait to see pics of your little one.

Amber said...

Fun fun! When Tyson was born they took him away for hours right after he was born. I remember thinking I had just spent days trying to deliver him and I didn't even know where he was. Although it was nice to have a shower and a short snooze! I'm excited for you!

Unknown said...

The countdown is the fun part. Good luck with everything and it is so nice having only one room where you don't have to be moved after you have the baby. We can't wait to see picture when he comes!

Anonymous said...

Dinah you look great!! I love the number written on your belly. I'm starting the coundown too...9 weeks left! It is so important that you feel comfortable with the hospital and doctor. I'm so glad you found one. That's my new mission since we just moved back to GA. Did Joel find work? I wish I had some connections through Adam's job...I do have a friend in Houstin who has a good job. Let me know and I could do some research.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Almost there! You are so cute! You have this perfect little pregnant belly! I am so jealous! Mine never seemed to be that cute :)

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

You are about the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen! I can't believe you're so close, I hope you enjoy the process and everything goes great!